Saturday, July 26, 2008

AWLA at The Bungalow in Shirlington

Another Saturday... another charity event! That's ok. Any excuse I have to photograph cute puppies and help some homeless pups get adopted; I'm more than happy to oblige.

Today, I photographed over at The Bungalow Bar & Pool Hall in Shirlington. Aside from it now being on the top of my "Restaurants to try" list, I now have a new favorite area of Arlington. Can you believe I've lived here a year, and have never even been to Shirlington?! So many dog-friendly stores and restaurants! I'll have to take Hailey next time.

Anyway, Steve (the manager of the Bungalow) sponsored an event to benefit AWLA. There were raffles, a silent auction, and even a satellite adoption center running on the patio. But if that isn't enough... The Bungalow staff donated all their tips to AWLA too! Now if that isn't fantastic and the text-book definition of selflessness, I don't know what is. The Bungalow even brought in guest bartenders (whom also donated all their bar tips to the charity) to help out with the crowds - military members and volunteers and such. So if you live locally, please stop by The Bungalow as a thank you for working so hard for the shelter today. We need more companies like this in our community!

They had a huge turnout, which led to loads of great pictures. Of course, being me... most of them are of the dogs.


The wonderful volunteers and dogs from AWLA working hard at the event.


The Bungalow's manager, Steve, and a co-worker taking a quick break to pose for me.

No comments: